Roomba 677 is an excellent robot vacuum for keeping your house clean, especially if you have pets. The vacuum may still need to be vacuumed from time to time (especially if you have stairs), but it significantly reduces your work load. The Roomba 677 can be controlled easily through Alexa or any other Wi-Fi-connected device-a feature that’s not available on older Roomba models.
Roomba 677 overview
A robot vacuum that connects to your Wi-Fi network and Google Assistant is the iRobot Roomba 677. Robot vacuums are designed to collect pet hair and clean deep inside carpets. Along with the deep cleaning feature, the 677 also comes with a variety of other features, including:
- Brushes are multi-surface rubber, which instantly adjust and flex so they stay in constant contact with carpet and hard floor surfaces. All floors can be cleaned with these brushes.
- Dog and cat hair or other particles are captured by the high-efficiency filter. Roomba’s suction power is maximized with the great filter.
- Powerful suction – The 5x stronger suction lifts debris and stubborn pet hair deep into the carpet.
The Roomba 677’s features are great and powerful, but it isn’t for everyone. When making a big purchase like this, you need to do your research to be sure it’s exactly what you need. Here are some tips on how to choose this vacuum.
If you want a Roomba 677…
- You have pets. There is a deep-cleaning vacuum built into the Roomba 677 that picks up pet hair deep in the carpet. In addition to the dual action brushes and the strong suction, this vacuum picks up even stubborn clumps of pet fur.
- You have many walls in your house. The 677 has smart navigation technology that can detect your walls. This keeps your Roomba on the track and avoids denting or scratching your walls.
- When it comes to vacuums, you want something that can get under stuff. The Roomba 677 has a low profile so it can easily get under furniture and appliances. The dirt under these can accumulate quickly, making bulkier upright vacuums difficult to reach.
You can skip Roomba 677 if…
- There is a 90-minute charge time for the Roomba 677. A multi-room home may not be able to be cleaned in this time. It’s better for small homes and apartments.
- The brushes on the Roomba 677 will get into carpets even though your house is mostly hardwood. Hardwood floors won’t always be cleaned as well with them.
Reasons to Buy Roomba 677
- There are a lot of crevices in a house – The 677 can reach under your furniture and into tight spaces where traditional vacuums can’t reach. The amount of dirt that accumulates underneath your furniture is astounding.
- Having only one floor in your house means the Roomba can perform better since there are no stairs or narrow walls to contend with. Roombas perform better in more open spaces.
- A SMART home is already equipped with SMART devices – Because the Roomba is compatible with most SMART devices, a SMART home is even more effective with the Roomba.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 677
- The Roomba doesn’t recharge itself – Some Roomba models such as the Roomba s9 can recharge themselves when the battery runs low and resume cleaning where it left off. This feature may not be necessary if you have a large space.
- Hand vacuuming is more your style – Not everyone enjoys robot vacuums. They claim that robot vacuums are too random and miss spots. According to others, Roombas are unable to find their way back to their docking stations. You might want to choose an upright Dyson vacuum if you prefer a traditional vacuum experience.
What real Roomba 677 reviews say
We researched the web for 18 hours (reading more than 253 customer reviews). The conclusion? Roomba 677 is highly regarded! Over several hundred reviews, we have an average user rating of between 4.6 and 4.74. The customer ratings for Roomba 677 are higher than those for its closest competitors.
Recommendations from reviewers
- It works well, cleans where it cleans. The keep away sensor works well. I love the fact that it connects to Google Assistant.”
- Despite having a cleaner come in twice a week, the fur/hair piles up, which is embarrassing — even with sweeping when she isn’t here. I saw this product at BBS and fell in love with it despite not expecting it to work. WOW!!! It totally worked!”
- The answer is undeniably YES to the following questions: “Does Alfred save me a tremendous amount of time… YES. Does Alfred move everything in the house easily between hardwood and carpet… YES. Will I ever be without Alfred… most certainly not!”
- Although it does have room for improvement, I would say that the Time it saves me daily and the Money it saves are WELL WORTH the money! Also, my husband’s allergies have improved noticeably since we got the Roomba.”
- “In light of the amount of money it saved me and the amount of headaches it’s saved me, I wholeheartedly recommend it.”
- I’m having trouble with my Irobot 677. It takes over 2 hours to clean my living room, kitchen, hall, and bathroom. I’ve been visiting different rooms to look for it as it gets lost.”
- You cannot locate dock. It stays in one room. There is no pattern that covers the entire floor. It does not understand Google Assistant. You cannot decide where you want the cleaner to go. You need to clean the filters way too often.
- “It seems to drift to one side when it gets stuck on thicker carpet.”
- “Unable to find dock”
- “I thought it was supposed to get smarter over time, but it does not seem to be able to navigate back to its home after 90 minutes.”
Roomba 677: where to buy
If you want to purchase the Roomba 677, you should go to Amazon. The company offers the same warranty as Roomba, and if you have a Prime membership, you also get free shipping!
The Roomba 677 is the ideal SMART vacuum for pet hair and other particles at an affordable price. Click here for your best deal! We have searched the internet for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the more common questions that arise about the Roomba 677 and iRobot. You may also leave a comment below the article if you have other questions or concerns.
Q. The Roomba 677 comes with what kind of warranty?
A. Roomba 677 robots, as well as other Roomba robots, come with a limited 1-year factory warranty. Batteries and robots are covered by the warranty against defects in workmanship and material. It does not, however, include replaceable parts like the side brushes, brush rollers, filters, or wheels.
Q. How does Roomba 677 clean spots?
A. Spot cleaning is a small cleaning cycle that focuses on a single spot. The robot should be placed in the center of the spot cleaning area using the carry handle. Afterwards, you can initiate the clean either by pushing the physical button on the robot or using the spot cleaning function on the mobile app. Slowly and carefully, the robot will clean a three-foot radius outward from the starting location. The robot will then spiral back to the starting point and await further instructions.
Q. How does the Roomba 677 detect dirt?
A. The dirt detection system uses infrared lights to detect dirt and dust particles. The sensors are actually on the robot’s bottom. The robot will alert itself when dust and dirt remain in an area that is being passed over while active. The Roomba 677 will perform a small-angled u-turn once it is prompted to do so.
Q. What is the lowest price for the Roomba 677?
A. The Roomba 677 was originally sold only by Kohl’s and Sam’s Club. You can still purchase it through either retailer for fantastic savings. Kohl’s offers Kohl’s Cash with their purchases as well as available stackable coupon codes (if available) to help you save even more. If you would like to go that route, it is also available on Amazon for significant savings, due to the age of the robot.
Robot vacuums like the Roomba 677 were once ahead of their time. Unfortunately, it has a lot of deficiencies by today’s standards. Its simplicity, ease of use, and clean design make it easy to understand why it remains a popular choice.
The Roomba 677 is an ideal choice for those who are looking for a second (or third) robot to take care of a different floor in their home, or their finished basement. The first time owner is often attracted to the robot due to its price, but for just a hundred or so more dollars you can get a much better (and newer) model.